Profile and Area of Focus
Pilar is a 1st class coastal municipality of Sorsogon located at the northwestern part of the province. Made up of 49 barangays, its agricultural economy remains dependent on coconut farming. It operates a municipal port where RORO and fast crafts ply the daily route of Masbate-Pilar. That is what Pilar is commonly known for.
But something new is afoot in Pilar. With the resolve to uplift the quality of life in the municipality, the LGU will collect and update, analyze and share health and social welfare data to be used for development plans for the municipality. The progress and accomplishments of projects and programs, monitoring and evaluation will be transparent to all.
Representatives from universities, CSOs, and the private sector are encouraged to put in their expertise and concerns in building the system as well as in developing plans for Pilar.
The initial project that this new system will be put through is to systematize the process in delivering health and social welfare services, which are Pilar’s priorities.
Local Coalition members
- Carolyn C. Sy-Reyes, Municipal Mayor
- Ruel S. Ortiz, MPDC
- Jocelyn L. Llona, CSO Representative
- Eric John A. Ligson, IT/Clerk
- Frances Marie L. Botin, DPO-SB Secretary
- Ma. Annie L. Perete, PIO
- John Rey Excija, MAO Representative
- Marivic Daria, MHO Representative
- Jocelle Bazar, MDRRMO Representative
- Sychelle Mirabel, SWO III
- Sorsogon State University
- EDUCO, CSO Representative
- Pilar Sorsogon Women’s Federation
- Lingap Para sa Kalusugan ng Sambayanan (LIKAS)