Profile and Area of Focus
Better services can be achieved by knowing how to get the right numbers, by gathering relevant information, and by analyzing and systematizing data.
Tolosa, a 5th class municipality, will jump-start its plan of centralizing its database to improve the delivery of its health services. They want to develop a local health code that will focus on preventive health. This is only the first step for its constituency whose main sources of livelihood are fishing, farming, and raising livestock and poultry.
More projects can be expected that will benefit the 15 barangays of Tolosa, eight of which lie along the coastline of the historic Leyte Gulf.
Already, groups and organizations of farmers, women, and health workers have put in their support to the program
Local Coalition Members
- Local Government Unit, Tolosa, Province of Leyte
- Visayas State University Tolosa Campus
- Sta. Rita Bayanihan Homeworkers Association
- Opong Real Farmers Association
- Barangay Hog Raisers Association
- Tolosa Women’s Federation
- Barangay Health Workers
- Tanghas Tologa Women’s Association